Gearing up for your first financial audit? Get support and mentoring from PetSmart Charities®.
Our audit grants help cover the cost of a first-time audit and guide you through every step of the process. You'll even get tips on how to prepare for and survive an audit, select an auditor and gather the information your auditor is likely to request.
What we fund
Audit grants cover:
- First-time audits only
- One audit per organization
- Partial support for the audit — a maximum of $10,000 or 75% of the cost of the audit, whichever is less.
Who we fund
To qualify for an audit grant, your organization must:
- Be a U.S. 501(c)(3) public charity. (These grants are not yet available in Canada.)
- Be a current PetSmart Charities grantee or be in the process of applying for a grant that requires an audit.
- Have a total income between $500,000 and $1.5 million for the fiscal year under audit.
What we DON'T fund
Sorry, but we can't help you with an audit if your organization:
- Has had a financial audit before.
- Has income of less than $500,000 or more than $1.5 million.
How to apply for an audit grant
PetSmart Charities audit grants are invitation-only grants. To receive an invitation to apply:
- Watch our "Audits 101” webinar. This 30-minute program explains how to prepare for your first audit.
- If, after watching the webinar, you think your organization meets our requirements, email us an inquiry.
- If you qualify for an audit grant, we'll email you instructions for applying online.