Organizing a national, regional or statewide conference for animal welfare professionals? Through PetSmart Charities®, you may request:
- Sponsorships. We provide funds for conferences that help animal welfare professionals to learn and network.
- Speakers. PetSmart Charities professionals present workshops on animal welfare issues, from fundraising and marketing to shelter operations and cleaning protocols. Schedule one of our speakers for your next conference.
What we fund
PetSmart Charities offers conference sponsorships to:
- Who: Nonprofit, municipal or tribal organizations
- Where: In the United States and Canada
- What: For training events for animal welfare professionals.
We give priority to training opportunities that focus on:
- Homeless pets
- Pet adoptions
- Animal nonprofit management
- Other topics that assist animal welfare agencies with their work.
What we DON'T fund
PetSmart Charities does not provide funding, sponsorships, items or goods to:
- Help individuals attend conferences
- Support training provided by private individuals
- Assist with fundraising events.
How to apply for a conference sponsorship grant
Apply online at least 3 months before your conference.
Improve your chances: You're welcome to apply for a conference sponsorship grant at any time. But organizations that apply early in the calendar year have a better chance of being funded.
“PetSmart Charities sponsorship support gives us the ability to provide the most recent advances in animal welfare work with workshops and speakers from all across the nation. We couldn’t offer the quality programs we do for animal welfare professionals without their support.”
— Frances Jonon, President of the Texas Federation of Humane Societies, co-host of the Texas Unites for Animals state conference.